It can be confusing making sense of all of the claims of "safest cookware." It's well established now that traditional non-stick cookware has toxins, but many other types of cookware claim to be safe alternatives.
Here at Xtrema, our mission from day one has been to create the safest cookware. We are family owned and operated, and were the first to sell completely non-toxic and safe 100% ceramic cookware. Use this guide to find the right choice for your home and family.
Because Xtrema all-ceramic cookware has no metals and is thoroughly tested for safety above and beyond government standards, it is the safest cookware. While there are newer ceramic-coated cookware options on the market, those still contain metal and can leach toxins into your food at high temperatures. That not only changes the safety of your food, but the taste as well.
Our cookware is all-natural, non-toxic, inorganic and nonreactive, with no PFOA, PTFE, glues, polymers, coatings or dyes. Our cookware will never leach chemicals, metal, cadmium or lead.
Every cookware shipment is inspected and tested for the presence of heavy metals. Our cookware is FDA-approved and meets California Prop 65 standards, certifying that it is free of more than 800 compounds that may cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm. It's endorsed by physicians, homeopathic providers, integrative medicine practitioners and health bloggers.
Our cookware can be used almost everywhere you cook and serve food, including stovetop, oven, microwave, toaster oven and even on the grill! It can be used as serveware, and food storage in the refrigerator or freezer. You can also put it in the dishwasher. It doesn't require seasoning.
Here is a rundown of some of the shortfalls of other types of cookware in comparison to the safety features of Xtrema:
- Enamel cast iron cookware is not eco-friendly, does not use all natural materials, is not made with pollution-free manufacturing, and can only be used on stovetop, in the oven and in a convection oven.
- Ceramic coated cookware is on par with traditional non-stick cookware when it comes to safety and versatility. It's not eco-friendly, doesn't use natural materials, and leaches toxins. It can only be used on the stovetop.
- Cast iron cookware is not eco-friendly, not made with all natural materials and can leach metals into food. It can only be used on stovetop, in oven, in convection oven, on the grill and under broiler. It is not dishwasher safe, and requires seasoning.
- Stainless steel cookware is not eco-friendly, not made of all natural materials, and can leach metals into food. It can't be used in the microwave, toaster oven, dishwasher or as storage in the refrigerator.
- Copper cookware is not eco-friendly, not made with all natural materials, is not manufactured pollution-free, and can leach toxic metals into your food. It can't go into the microwave, toaster oven, dishwasher or as storage in the refrigerator.
Only our 100% ceramic cookware is eco-friendly, non-toxic and manufactured pollution-free. As you can see in our comparison chart, you can also use it almost any way you'd like to cook, serve, clean and store. Find out more on our Why Ceramic? page.