- 2 lbs. Small Yellow/White NEW Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Himalayan /Pink Sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of Fresh Thyme, leaves removed
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary+ for garnish
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil 3 cups of water with potatoes for 10-12 minutes, or until tender in Xtrema Saucepan. When the pairing knife goes through without resistance, the potatoes are ready.
- Grease the Xtrema 10" Braiser Skillet with Olive Oil all around.
- Drain the potatoes and place them in the skillet. Using the bottom of a heavy, medium or smaller glass gently press the potatoes. Do not smash them, just lightly break.
- Add sea salt on each potato and ground black pepper.
- Take the leaves off sprigs and sprinkle on top of the potatoes, making sure to keep them on the potatoes.
- Drizzle with remaining tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Bake them under the lid for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then take the lid off and bake 15 more minutes. For a crispier option: Turn the broiler for a minute or so, or until the potatoes are lightly golden brown.
- Red or purple small new potatoes might be used, or a mixture of all together.
- You may substitute thyme, or rosemary with chives, or parsley.