- 4 Salmon steaks with skin, sliced in half OR Salmon fillets
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 cup Pineapple, cut into chunks
- Tortillas, soft or hard shells
- Organic Romaine lettuce with carrots and red cabbage
- ¼ Red Onion, diced
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle of Cajun seasoning
- Sprinkle of crushed red chili flakes
- Lime slices
- Slice Each Salmon Steak in half. If there are fillets, cut lengthwise.
- Drizzle Salmon with ½ tablespoon of olive oil, then season with Cajun seasoning, cover and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat Xtrema 10” Skillet on medium temperature and add olive oil.
- Place each slice of Salmon (skin on the bottom) in the skillet and cook about 5 minutes per half-inch of thickness. Turn one time on the other side, cover with the lid and allow it to cook for 3 more minutes. At the last minute, add about ½ tablespoon of Lime juice.
- Remove the salmon from the skillet and add pineapple chunks. Cook on medium temperature for 2 minutes, stir-frying so they get cooked on all sides equally; remove them and place on the paper towel, if desired.
- Assemble tacos, by toasting the tortillas if they are soft, In the oven or in skillet brushed with a drizzle of olive oil, or use hard shells.
- Add 1 slice of Salmon, generous amount of romaine lettuce with carrots and red cabbage, then place pineapple chunks and ½ tablespoon of red onion.
- Garnish with sprinkle of Cajun seasoning, and red chili flakes, and serve tacos with lime slices.
- The USDA recommends a minimum internal temperature of 145°F, which should be measured at the thickest part of the fillet.
- Healthy alternatives to salmon: Alaskan halibut, sea bass, snapper fillets – firm texture
- Tilapia fillets – moderate texture
- Healthy alternatives to Pineapple: Mango, Peach