- For the crust: Storebought OR from scratch
- For the pumpkin filling:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice or ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If you made your own dough, place dough on a well-floured surface and use a floured-rolling pin to roll the dough into a round shape about 2-inches larger than upside-down Xtrema 8-inch Versa Skillet. Fold in half or roll onto rolling pin to help transfer to place in pie plate.
- Unfold and ease into plate, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Trim the extra flour around the edges of the pie plate and discard excess dough. Flute the edges of the crust however you’d like. Place the crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup, sugar, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, allspice/cloves and salt. Mix until well combined and completely smooth. Pour into pie pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until filling is no longer jiggly. Check pie after every 20 minutes to make sure crust isn't burning. If it is getting a little too golden brown, simply cover pie edges with foil or a pie shield.
- Allow pie to cool for at least an hour before serving. Pie should be kept in fridge once completely cool. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Keep pie in fridge.